Palestine: 3 Palestinians killed, dozens injured by Israeli forces in West Bank
RAMALLAH, Palestine (AA & International Middle East Media Center): Three Palestinians were killed and dozens were injured in clashes with Israeli forces Wednesday in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian Health Ministry said.
On Wednesday evening, the soldiers killed a child, Qussai Fuad Hamamra, 14, in Husan village, west of Bethlehem, in the occupied West Bank. The Palestinian Health Ministry has confirmed that the soldiers shot him with a live round in the head and left him bleeding without first aid, especially after the army prevented the Palestinian medics from reaching him.
The child was walking home after performing evening prayers at the local mosque; the soldiers also surrounded the mosque after killing the child and refused to allow the Palestinians to leave.
The army made several allegations, including claiming that the child was throwing stones at the soldiers or that he was throwing a Molotov cocktail. However, eyewitnesses said Qussai was not participating in any protests but was walking back home from the local mosque.
The child was killed not far from where the Israeli soldiers killed Ghada Ibrahim Ali Sabateen, 48, on April 10, 2022.
The Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed that the Israeli soldiers also killed Omar Mohammad Elyan, 20, and added that the army shot him with a live round in the chest in Silwad town, northeast of the central West Bank city of Ramallah.
The Ministry said Muhammad Hassan Assaf, 34, was fatally shot in the chest by the Israeli army in the city of Nablus on Wednesday morning.
According to the ministry, 11 Palestinians were transferred to Rafidia hospital after they were shot by Israeli soldiers during the violence.
Eyewitnesses said the clashes erupted after an Israeli force entered the flashpoint Joseph’s Tomb Sargossi in the city to provide protection to Israeli settlers.
The Palestinian Red Crescent, meanwhile, said it dealt with 31 injuries following clashes in Beita town and Nablus.
Israeli military spokesman Avichay Adraee said that army forces have launched an arrest campaign in the West Bank.
The army “launched in the last hours a massive campaign of arrests […] in Jenin, Tulkarm, Nablus and the villages of Urif, Qabatiya and Jaba.”
Last month, at least 25 Palestinians and 14 Israelis were killed in attacks in the West Bank and Israel.
Edited by The Muslim News
[Photo: Relatives mourn during funeral ceremony of Muhammad Hassan Assaf, 34, who was fatally shot in the chest by the Israeli army in the city of Nablus, in Qalqilya district of Kafr Laqif village, in Nablus, West Bank on April 13, 2022. Photo journalist :Nedal Eshtayah/AA]
The post Palestine: 3 Palestinians killed, dozens injured by Israeli forces in West Bank appeared first on The Muslim News.