Palestine: Palestinian and Israelis killed in continuing occupation
Palestine, (imemc, Ma’an & AA): Mithqal Suleiman Abdul-Halim Rayan, 27, was shot and killed on Saturday evening, by Israeli paramilitary in the town of Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit, West Bank.
Meanwhile three Israelis were killed, including two children, in an attack by a Palestinian on the illegal Israeli settlement of Ramot in occupied East Jerusalem.
The mayor of Qarawat Bani Hassan, Ibrahim Asi, told the Palestinian Ma’an News Agency, “The young man was killed by a live bullet fired by an armed and angry colonizer [Israeli settler] towards a group of young men in the village.”
He confirmed that the Israeli occupation forces guarded the armed, paramilitary settlers as they attacked the Palestinian civilians and killed Mithqal.
Mithqal was the father of three young children: a 4-year-old boy, a two-year-old son, and a baby girl.
The fatal events started unfolding when the settlers attacked several Palestinian civilians in the northern area of Qarawat Bani Hassan and fired many live rounds at them, shooting Mithqal in the head while returning home from work.
The settler who killed Mithqal is one of many settlers who constantly attack the Palestinians, their homes, and their lands.
The settlers attacked farmers and residents in their homes, shops, and construction sites and when the locals gathered and tried to remove them, a paramilitary settlers opened fire and killed Mithqal who worked at a concrete factory in Salfit.
The Palestinian father suffered life-threatening wounds and succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Salfit.
On Friday, the settlers attacked many Palestinians, stole sheep from several farmers, and injured a Palestinian north of Qarawat Bani Hasan.
Israeli settlers have repeatedly been targeting the village of Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit, for their settler expansion.
Mithqal’s death brings the number of Palestinians who were killed by Israeli fire since the beginning of this year to 45, including nine children and an elderly woman. Four of the slain Palestinians were killed by illegal Israeli settlers.
In addition to the 45 slain Palestinians, a Palestinian prisoner, Ahmad Abu Ali, 48, from Yatta town south of Hebron in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, died at an Israeli medical center after he was denied essential medical treatment and was only moved to Soroka medical center when he neared death.
The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society said Ahmad was only two years away from finishing his twelve-year prison sentence.
Earlier on Saturday, Israeli settlers uprooted dozens of Palestinian olive trees and destroyed an agricultural building as part of their forced takeover of Palestinian land in Qarawat Bani Hassan.
Israeli forces have been helping the Israeli paramilitary settlers in their forced takeover of Palestinian village land – last week, the soldiers uprooted an olive grove, and in January, the army demolished a Palestinian home located in the area that the Israeli settlers have targeted to take over.
Media sources said the settlers invaded Palestinian orchards in Yasuf village, east of Salfit, before cutting and uprooting twenty olive trees owned by Rajeh and his brother Rida Ateyyani.
Rajeh said the settlers invaded their orchard near the illegal Rahalim settlement, built on stolen Palestinian lands, cut the olive trees planted 38 years ago, and added that the colonizers also stole the trees they cut.
He stated that the orchard is 6 Dunams and that the attack is not the first, especially since the colonizers cut and uprooted at least 90 olive trees and saplings last year.
Furthermore, the settlerss invaded an orchard in Kafr ed-Deek village, west of Salfit, demolished an agricultural room and cut at least eight olive saplings.
The settlers also cut and removed the barbed-wired fence around the orchard owned by a local farmer, Nael Ali Ahmad.
Nael said that settlers also planted evergreens, lemon, and almond trees near his olive orchard before illegally annexing the lands.
Also, the sellers hurled stones at Palestinian cars near Kifl Hares village, north of Salfit, causing damage.
On Friday evening, the settlers injured a Palestinian north of Qarawat Bani Hasan town, west of Salfit.
Meanwhile, three people killed, including two children, in an attack on the illegal Jewish settlement of Ramot in occupied East Jerusalem.
The Israelis who were killed in this incident have been identified as six-year old Yaakov Pelli from Ramot and Alter Shlomo Liderman, 20, from Jerusalem. Yaakov’s funeral was held on Friday afternoon, with family members in attendance and was restricted to family members and neighbors. Alter was a newlywed, who was married four months earlier.
One eyewitness told the Israeli paper Ha’aretz that at first, it appeared to be an accident when the vehicle ran off the road and onto the crowded bus stop.
Israel’s national emergency medical service Magen David Adom said Friday a car was driven into a crowd in the Ramot neighborhood, resulting in the injury to seven Israelis, with four severely.
Karaka was shot to death by Israeli police, said reports
The perpetrator was Palestinian Hussein Karaka, 33, a father of three, living in East Jerusalem and holding Israeli citizenship, according to Israeli media.
The driver of the vehicle was construction worker and father of three, had been injured six months before in a construction accident. He had been renting an apartment in Jerusalem to be able to get to job sites without having to cross from his hometown in al-Isawiya each day and potentially get stopped at a checkpoint and unable to make it to work.
[Photo: Mithqal Suleiman Abdul-Halim Rayan, 27, was shot and killed by Israeli paramilitary in the town of Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit. Photo by Imemc.org]
The post Palestine: Palestinian and Israelis killed in continuing occupation appeared first on The Muslim News.