Palestine: Israeli forces kill Palestinian youth in Jenin
By Qais Abu Samra
JENIN, Palestine (AA): A Palestinian man was shot down by Israeli forces in Jenin, northern occupied West Bank on Wednesday, officials said.
Dr Wissam Bakr, director of the Khalil Suleiman government hospital in the West Bank city of Jenin, said a young man died after being shot during clashes that erupted in the city.
25-year-old Muhammad Maher Nafie Marei was shot in the heart by Israeli forces, said Dr Bakr.
Witnesses told Anadolu Agency that the clashes erupted after Israeli forces stormed the city of Jenin and carried out a raid on a number of Palestinian homes.
They said that the army used live bullets and tear gas against the Palestinians.
Israeli soldiers occupied rooftops of tall buildings in Jenin and the Jenin refugee camp and used them as firing posts for their sharpshooters.
The Palestinian Foreign Ministry condemned the killing.
“This heinous crime and others are a new episode in the series of field executions of Palestinians,” the ministry said, holding the Israeli government responsible for the “crime.”
“Marei is a victim of Israel’s continued impunity,” it went on to say.
For several months, the city of Jenin and a refugee camp there have been subjected to almost daily incursions by the Israeli army.
Mohammad is the thirteenth Palestinian to be killed by the Israeli army in the occupied West Bank this month.
- June 28, 2022: Maher Nafe’ Mer’ey, 25.
- June 25, 2022: Mohammad Abdullah Hamed, 16.
- June 21, 2022: Ali Hasan Harb, 27.
- June 19, 2022: Nabil Ahmad Taiseer Ghanem, 53.
- June 17, 2022: Laith Salah Abu Srour, 24.
- June 17, 2022: Bara’ Kamal Lahlouh, 23.
- June 17, 2022: Yousef Nasser Salah, 23.
- June 9, 2022: Mahmoud Fayez Abu Ayhour, 27.
- June 02, 2022: Odah Mohammad Sadaqa, 17.
- June 02, 2022: Ayman Mahmoud Mheisin, 29.
- June 01, 2022: Yasser Atiya al-Masri, 41.
- June 01, 2022: Ghofran Haroun Warasna, 31.
- June 01, 2022: Bilal Awad Kabaha, 24.
Additional report by imemc.org
[Archive Photo: Family members of Palestinian youths Bera Lehluh (24), Leys Ebu Surur (24) and Yusuf Salah (23), who were killed in Israeli raid in Jenin, West Bank on June 17, 2022 mourn at their funerals .Photographer: Issam Rimawi]
The post Palestine: Israeli forces kill Palestinian youth in Jenin appeared first on The Muslim News.