Palestine: Israeli forces kill 11, incl a child, injure 102 Palestinians in Nablus
By Safiye Karabacak
NABLUS, Palestine (AA) The death toll from a raid carried out by the Israeli army in the occupied West Bank city of Nablus rose to 11 late Wednesday.
The Palestinian Health released a statement saying that 66-year-old Ana Shawkat Annab, who taught from tear gas inhalation, died in a hospital.
The ministry added that Israeli forces have killed 62 Palestinians since the start of the year.
Massacre in Nablus
Israeli forces raided Nablus in the north of the West Bank from several points earlier Wednesday.
Surrounding a house in the historic Old City, the soldiers intervened with live bullets against Palestinians protesting the raid, killing civilians, including a child.
In the attack, 102 Palestinians were injured, six of whom serious wounds.
No one from Israeli forces were killed in the invasion of Nablus.
Meanwhile, Palestine called Wednesday for emergency meetings of the UN Security Council, the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to provide “international protection” to Palestinians following the latest attack by Israel.
In a statement, Palestinian Authority Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki demanded that the UN Security Council convene an emergency meeting after Israeli forces raided the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank, in which 11 Palestinians were killed and more than 100 injured.
“We demanded that Israel be condemned for the massacres committed against the Palestinians, the latest one in Nablus, and to provide international protection for the Palestinians,” al-Maliki said in the statement.
He also said that Palestine called for emergency meetings of the Arab League and the OIC and demanded that the member states of these organizations condemn Israel and support Palestine’s demand for international protection.
Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh urged the European Union on Wednesday to “end its double standard policy that encourages Israel to continue its attacks.”
Shtayyeh received the Chair of the European Parliament Delegation for Relations with Palestine, Margrete Auken, at his office in Ramallah, according to a statement by the Prime Minister’s office.
The EU Representative to Palestine, Sven Kuhn von Burgsdorff, was also present at the meeting.
Shtayyeh urged the EU to “take punitive measures to halt Israeli violations against international law in Palestine.”
The slain Palestinians, as officially confirmed by the Palestinian Health Ministry, are:
- Anan Shawkat Ennab, 66.
- Adnan Sabe’ Ba’ara, 72.
- Mohammad Khaled Anbousi, 25.
- Tamer Nimir Ahmad Minawi, 33.
- Mos’ab Monir Mohammad Oweiss, 26.
- Husam Bassam Isleem, 24.
- Mohammad Abu Kabr Al-Juneidi, 23.
- Walid Riyad Hussein Dakheel, 23.
- Abdul-Hadi Abdul-Aziz Ashqar, 61.
- Mohammad Farid Sha’ban, 16.
- Jasser Jamil Abdul-Wahab Qaneer, 23.
– 20 Palestinians, including one who suffered life-threatening wounds to the back and abdomen, were rushed to Nablus Speciality Hospital.
– 15 Palestinians, including three who suffered life-threatening wounds, were rushed to the Najah Hospital.
– 9 Palestinians were shot with live fire and were rushed to the Women’s Union Hospital.
– 11 Palestinians were shot with live fire and were rushed to the Arab Specialty Hospital.
– More than 250 Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation, and other minor wounds.
The Israeli army said two of its soldiers were injured during exchanges of fire with Palestinian fighters in Nablus.
Additional report from imemc.org
[Photo: Israeli forces raid the city of Nablus in the north West Bank on February 22, 2023. Photojournalist :Issam Rimawi/AA]
The post Palestine: Israeli forces kill 11, incl a child, injure 102 Palestinians in Nablus appeared first on The Muslim News.